Cast iron sinks are essential kitchen tools designed for modern living with unique features and durability.
It’s where you get a glass of water, prep food, and put dirty dishes, yet selecting the best cast iron kitchen sink without cracking or chipping challenges beginners.
Cast iron sinks resist denting or cracking and are easy to clean with a glossy finish that hides streaks and water spots.
With a two-layer construction, and thick porcelain enamel, cast iron kitchen sinks are ideal for any cooking space.
Choosing a right sink that fit your needs can be challenging, but this cast iron kitchen sink reviews will aid your selection.
Table of Contents
Quick Comparison: Best Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks
|Check on Amazon|
|Check on Amazon|
|Check on Amazon|
|Check on Amazon|
|Check on Amazon|
Top 8 Best Cast Iron Kitchen Sink Reviews:
1. KOHLER K-5827-0 Whitehaven Self-Trimming Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- Self-trimming apron
- Enameled cast iron sink for longevity
- Crack and heat resistant
- A non-porous surface that won’t absorb moisture
- Offset drain system
- Limited lifetime warranty
The KOHLER K-5827-0 Whitehaven cast iron kitchen sink’s smooth finish will improve the overall aesthetics of your kitchen. It is one of the best cast iron kitchen sinks in the market.
The sink is stain-resistant with a design for easy cleaning and water drainage. This high-quality farmhouse sink does not crack, burn, or chip, making it ideal for any home.
It has an offset drain system with a generous workspace for kitchen utensils such as trays, pans, and over sized pots inside the sink.
This apron front kitchen sink is reliable and designed with enameled cast iron for durability.
This undermount cast iron sink is versatile and easy to install on your countertop. It has a self-trimming apron design that overlaps your counter front for quick installation.
It is worth noting that this sink is heavy but ensures heat resistance and can withstand hot items.
This cast iron kitchen sink requires only a soft swipe with a sponge to clean specks of dirt off the smooth surface. It does not require aggressive cleaning or abrasive chemicals.
The sink’s glazed surface does not absorb moisture because of its non-porous nature. With 80% recycled materials, this innovative high-end cast iron sink is eco-friendly and fits your basic needs.
This white cast iron kitchen sink complements your counter configuration with a wide array of sizes, styles, and shapes.
- This sink does not burn, crack, or chip over time
- The sink has a gloomy finish to compliment your kitchen appearance
- Easy to install and clean
- Large workspace for oversized pots, trays, and pans
- Available in a wide array of sizes and styles
- Stain and heat resistant
- The sink is not lightweight
- Highly sensitive to metal pots rust stains
2. KOHLER K-6487-0 Apron Front Single-Bowl Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- 9 inches basin depth
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Single basin design with a large workspace
- Basin slopes for easy water drainage
- Self-trimming apron for easy installation
- 80% recycled content
This single bowl cast iron kitchen sink features a large basin ideal for washing dishes and pots.
Its self-trimming apron design requires only a rough cut to any cabinet for easy installation.
Consider investing in this sink if you want cast iron farm sinks that’ll fit seamlessly into your kitchen design.
Not only does this sink ensure effectiveness, but it is also available in a wide array of colors.
This single bowl cast iron sink boasts an incredibly smooth and non-porous surface that does not soak water and is easy to clean with a soft cloth.
While the sink is resistant to food-based dirt, it also features a guard that prevents vibration and sound while washing dishes.
The white cast iron kitchen sink resists heat, burning, cracking, or chipping with an enameled cast iron construction.
It is durable and reliable, so cooking pots or hot pans in the sink will cause zero damage. The sink also has a sloped bottom that ensures clean and straightforward water drainage.
With a 9-inch basin depth, 30-inch minimum cabinet width, and tall apron, this KOHLER K-6487-0 Whitehaven sink is ideal for any cooking space.
It also has an offset drain that increases available space. The sink is eco-friendly, and its apron prevents the cabinet or counter from water damage.
- It’s guard technology that prevents vibration and sound produced from dish clatter
- The Whitehaven sink has an ultra-thick surface and high heat resistance
- The single-bowl design has a comfortable depth for washing large pots
- Ultra-thick sink that will not burn or crack over time
- It is eco-friendly and compliments kitchen décor
- The sink is easy to clean and install
- Cast irons are usually very heavy
- Highly sensitive to scratches and scuff marks
3. KOHLER K-6486-0 Whitehaven Cast Iron Sink
- Offset drain maximizes storage and workspace
- A single basin design with adequate depth
- Built with enameled cast iron for durability
- Basin slopes to reduce water pooling
- Ultra-thick surface for heat resistance
- 9-inch basin depth
This enameled cast iron kitchen sink is popular for its exceptional design and quality.
It features a single large basin that accommodates pots and pans of different sizes with a sloped bottom for easy cleaning and draining.
While the sink offers a 30-inch minimum base cabinet width and slopes for water drainage, its thick surface ensures long-lasting effectiveness.
The famous kitchen sink has a self-trimming apron that overlaps the cabinet face for easy installation.
Because of its enameled cast iron construction and thick surface, the sink will not chip, burn, or crack under heavy usage.
This sink with non-porous nature ensures food-related dirt resistance, making it easy to clean without harsh chemicals. You can clean dirt’s on the sink’s surface with a soft sponge or cloth.
If you need a kitchen sink that offers better effectiveness, consider investing in this cast iron sink because of its unique qualities.
Not only does this durable sink offer adequate functionality, but it is also attractive and will improve the overall appearance of your kitchen.
Its offset drain maximizes the available workspace on the basin surface and storage space in the sink.
With a wide array of colors, shapes and sizes, the KOHLER K-6486-0 Whitehaven kitchen sink will beautify your kitchen.
If you want a cast iron apron sink with a convenient body design resistant to heat and rust, this sink will leave you with a lasting impression.
It is ideal for remodeling projects because of its highly durable materials with reliable performance.
- The sink is eco-friendly and easy to clean
- Its beautiful design will improve the overall appearance of your kitchen
- The white sink has a smooth finish and is easy to install
- Its sturdy build makes it resistant to burns or cracks
- Its single basin design ensures adequate workspace
- Available in a wide array of colors, sizes, and styles.
- The sink has no faucet holes
- The price is slightly high
4. American Standard Single Bowl White Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- 8-11/16″ deep bowl suitable for large items
- Crafted in China
- Four under-mount holes for faucet and accessories installation
- Manufactured with cast iron for durability
- All-natural, recyclable body material
- Heat retainer and resistance to food-related dirt
American standards have prestige for manufacturing high-quality and innovative sinks with exceptional durability.
The standard American 77SB30190.308 has a bright white glossy finish and a durable enamel layer designed to resist scratches.
With an 8-11/16″ deep bowl, its single large basin can handle large dishes and pots without chipping or breaking over time. This white kitchen sink creates a custom and sleek design suitable for any kitchen décor.
Whether hosting a dinner party or preparing meals for your family, you can clean dirt off the sink’s surface with a sponge.
If you want an attractive and attention-grabbing sink with a non-porous design to handle heavy dishes, this sink offers the best value with unique qualities.
It is durable and provides a generous cleaning space without spilling water. While the sink has four under-mount holes for faucets and other accessories installation, it also has a limited lifetime warranty.
The excellent farmhouse style kitchen sink is your go-to tool for effectiveness and longevity. This sink has beautiful rounded edges and will fit into most 30-inch sink counters.
This model thick surface does not absorb moisture and retains heat for easy cleanup so that you can place hot pots and plates on the sink without damages.
- The white kitchen sink has a deep basin to prevent water from spilling
- Its glossy finish is attractive and attention-grabbing
- This sink has a non-porous surface that cannot crack or break
- Easy to install and clean with a sponge
- The sink is resistant to scratches or stains
- It improves the appearance of any kitchen décor
- It is a bit heavy
- Cleaner needs to be used for wiping off heavy stains
5. CECO Sinks- Double Bowl Undermount Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- Glossy and premium quality finish
- Dual bowl cast iron sink design
- Enamel coated and ultra-thick surface
- Rust and heat resistant
- Four faucet holes
- Cast iron double sinks
The Ceco sink features a glossy and premium quality finish that complements kitchen decors and improves the overall aesthetics.
Whether you have a sleek modern or rustic kitchen style, cast iron double sinks have biscuit colors to fit your kitchen decor seamlessly.
The dual bowl cast iron sink has an enamel coated surface resistant to food-based stains and a non-porous nature that does not absorb moisture.
With a 10.75 basin depth, 22 inches wide and 33 inches long, the CECO Sinks-Dockweiler 768-4-22 offers effectiveness and is ideal for any cooking space.
It is a designer select kitchen sink with a divider that separate the bowls for flexible and easy dishwashing.
If you need vintage cast iron sinks to resist heat and accommodate large dishes, this sink will leave you with a lasting impression.
You can use high heat materials on the ultra-thick surface coated with refined porcelain enamel over time without chipping, cracking or breaking. It is durable, rust-resistant, damage-free, easy to clean, and makes dishwashing enjoyable.
Most homeowners prefer this sink for its spacious basins and straightforward water draining system.
The sink resists scratches, stains and chips, making it an excellent option for your kitchen. It also maintains an attractive appearance and quality over time.
The sink features four faucet holes, creating an escape route for air in the drain without hassle.
Overall, this is an exceptional and high-quality sink with a sleek design to improve your effectiveness and kitchen appearance.
In addition, the sink is easy to maintain and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Effective dual bowls with adequate depth for comfortable dishwashing
- The sink’s enamel coating is resistant to acid and heat
- Glossy finish to improve the overall appearance of your kitchen
- Its cast-iron double sinks are easy to install, clean and preserve.
- Maintains premium quality and attractiveness over time
- It has a limited lifetime warranty
- Prone to quick stains
- Tend to be slightly heavy
6. KOHLER K-6489-47 Self-Trimming Apron Front Cast Iron Sink
- Offset drain to maximize storage and workspace
- Basin slopes to reduce water pooling
- Self-Trimming apron for easy installation
- Side-to-side fit to a 36-inch base cabinet
- 9-inch basin depth
- Single basin design with drains
The kitchen is central to the overall aesthetics of your home, and this timeless classic comes with a design to complement any kitchen decor.
The Kohler K-6489-0 cast iron sink is an exceptional kitchen tool with a standard apron front for easy installation on a 36-inch base cabinet without hassle.
Consider investing in this single basin sink if you need an exquisitely designed sink with exceptional functionality and style.
The sink has a self-trimming apron design that overlaps your counter front for quick installation and desired results. Its offset drain increases workspace on the basin surface and sinks storage space.
Enamel cast iron sinks usually have an ultra-thick surface resistant to heat, making them ideal for hot cooking sheets, pots, and pans. Its incredibly smooth surface does not absorb moisture, resist food-related stains and is easy to clean.
With an enameled cast iron construction, this sink offers reliable performance and will not chip, break or crack under heavy usage.
The single basin has a 9-inch depth designed to accommodate large pans and dishes. With 80% reclaimed or reusable materials, this single bowl cast iron sink is eco-friendly and enjoyable.
While Kohler sink is durable and ensures longevity, it also has a timeless and glossy finish to complement its unique qualities.
The sink’s ultra-thick and smooth surface resist scratches, chips, and stains to retain its attractiveness over time.
- Exquisitely designed to improve the overall aesthetics of your kitchen
- The sink is heat, stain and scratch-resistant
- An ultra-thick surface that will not chip, break or crack
- Adequate depth to accommodate large pans and pots
- Easy to clean with a sponge or soft cloth
- Durable and easy to install without hassle.
- The sink is heavy
- It is expensive with complaints about poor shipment.
7. Kingston Brass GCKTS33229 Towne 33-Inch Cast Iron Drop-In Kitchen Sink
- Polished finish to improve kitchen aesthetics
- Self-rimming installation
- Four pre-drilled faucet holes
- High heat retention and rust-resistant
- Sound-dampening technology to prevent dish vibration and sound
- Cast iron build
This white drop-in cast iron sink comes with a unique design to enhance your kitchen outlook.
Because of its cast-iron build and self-rimming nature, the Kingston Brass GCKTS33229 is easy to install, replace and maintain.
Selecting a dual or single basin kitchen sink can challenge beginners, but this unit solves that problem with a large single basin ideal for various tasks.
Its single basin comes with a unique texture and adequate depth for washing larger dishes with ease.
The sink has a solid construction with high retention for heat and rust resistance. While the sink surface resists scratches and stains, it also has a sound-dampening technology preventing vibration and sound that emits from dish clatter.
Made out of mineral materials, acrylic resin, crushed stone and aluminum powder, the sink is stable, durable and retain quality for decades.
With a generous washing area, four pre-drilled faucet holes, high-gloss enamel, and a solid build, this traditional drop in cast iron sink will fit your basic needs.
In addition, what makes this Kingston Brass kitchen sink better is its solid build, spacious basin, and heat resistance.
This heavy sink has a polished finish built with sturdy materials. Because of its thick walls and basin, be careful with breakable items like glass to prevent unnecessary accidents.
This drop in cast iron sink comes in the classic white color for seamless integration into your kitchen design.
- The smooth surface resists food-related stains
- The sink is durable and retains quality over time
- Generous washing area that makes dishwashing comfortable
- Basin depth adequate for accommodating large pots and dishes
- The sink has a unique design to enhance your kitchen outlook
- The sink will not break, chip or crack over time
- The drop-in cast iron sink is heavy
- Prone to quick stains due to its color
8. Houzer PCS-2500 WH Porcela Undermount Rectangular Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Non-porous glossy surface
- Porcelain and iron cast construction
- Spacious undermount single basin
- 30-inch minimum base cabinet
- 9-inch basin depth
- Limited 10-year warranty
The cast iron and porcelain kitchen sink feature a single large bowl that conserves space and makes dishwashing comfortable.
The Houzer PCS-2500 has a non-porous glossy surface to resist stains and a steel core for easy maintenance and installation. Because this sink has a cast iron and porcelain construction, it embodies the benefits of both sink types. It combines the durability and longevity of cast iron, polished finish and easy maintenance of porcelain.
If you’re searching for cast iron porcelain kitchen sinks that will bring life and improve the overall appearance of your kitchen, consider this sink because of its unique qualities. Its single basin design has a 9-inch depth suitable for oversized pots and pans without hassle.
Most homeowners prefer this sink because of its timeless design, sturdy construction, and spacious undermount cast iron single basin.
While the sink offers a perfectly smooth surface resistant to stain, scratch and chips, it is easy to maintain and hygienic. With a 30-inch minimum cabinet width and 9-inch basin depth, cast iron porcelain kitchen sinks offer reliable performance and are ideal for farmhouse or modern kitchens.
Whether you’re hosting a family dinner or treating your kids to a specialty, this sink is eco-friendly, affordable and easy to install.
Due to its non-porous surface nature and sturdy build, the sink is durable and has a limited 10-year warranty.
- The sink is durable and maintains its quality over time
- Comfortable and spacious basin for large dishwashing
- Classic design and royal appearance to improve your kitchen décor
- Smooth surface to resist stains, heat and scratches
- The sink is eco-friendly, affordable and easy to install
- The sink is easy to maintain and hygienic
- It is prone to quick stains
- Only 10 years limited warranty
Things to Consider before Buying a Cast Iron Sink
Cast iron kitchen sinks are usually durable but not equal. They differ in size and materials, yet many are stain-resistant and easy to clean.
Despite their simple installation, new owners face challenges for their lack of necessary considerations before purchase.
There are various factors to consider before selecting a cast iron kitchen sink, and some of them include:
While a small number of companies produce cast iron sinks, Kohler and American standard stand tall above them all.
With a high prestige in the market for innovative, high-quality products, these sinks can stand the test of time.
They offer the best products on the market with a wide array of styles, finishes, sizes and configurations.
Identifying the right size is a challenge for new owners because of the critical elements involved.
You need to consider factors like the basin’s depth, width, length and sink dimension. It is also advisable to consider the depth of the counter before selecting a sink size for your kitchen.
Consider investing a sink size of at least 7-inch deep, 19-inch wide and 27-inch long. If you have a small cooking space, consider adjusting the size to fit your space.
Cast iron kitchen sinks are famous for their durability and longevity because of their solid build.
These sinks are versatile and resistant to heat, dents, burning and chipping. But there is a growing popularity of cast iron sinks with a porcelain coating in traditional and modern kitchens in farmhouses.
Cast iron kitchen sink materials also include fireclay and copper options with reliable performance.
If you want a stylish sink to improve your kitchen effectiveness and appearance, consider investing in a sink built with cast iron.
Kitchen sinks have different installation methods and styles. Most owners install the sink in an under-mount or top-mount (drop-in) style.
The top mount style is easier to install by placing the sink into the pre-drilled countertop hole.
The undermount cast-iron style involves setting the sink under the kitchen counter, developing a flat surface and enjoyable washing experience.
These sinks are available in different styles, and the single, double and triple basins offer great qualities.
While single basin designed kitchen sinks usually have adequate depth to accommodate large dishes, they also provide a generous working area.
These sinks have a timeless and glossy finish that resist stains and is easy to clean. The double styled basin comes with a divider that separates the bowls for flexible and easy dishwashing.
Triple basins also offer more convenience with extra working space.
Another notable factor to consider before selecting a sink is the weight. Cast iron sinks usually have metal at the base with enamel coating, making them heavier than other options.
Before purchasing a kitchen sink, consider the weight for easy installation.
Apron-front, undermount and drop-in models are the dominant cast iron sinks available in the market.
Consider investing in a drop-in sink for easy installation, but the countertop may require some gap.
The undermount models are challenging for beginners and slightly expensive.
It is advisable to adjust your countertop to accommodate your sink during installation.
General wisdom dictates that you should consider the price of an item before making a purchase.
Put your budget into perspective while shopping for your ideal cast iron kitchen sink.
Installing a Cast Iron Sink
Step 1 – Measure the sink
Every cast iron sink have a template for the precise cutout in the counter before installation.
But if you cannot find a template in your order, it’s time to create one.
Measure the sink and create a cutout suitable for handling the weight.
Step 2 – Install the basket strainer
While each brand has different methods, faucets and basket strainer installation are essential before the sink to prevent unnecessary accidents.
Use a damp cloth to remove debris and dust from the drain hole before mounting the basket trainer for a good seal. Push the basket in place with lots of plumber’s putty.
Place the rubber washers on the exposed thread accordingly before screwing the nuts.
Use a soft fabric to clean the oozing putty as the nuts tighten before installing the faucet with the package’s manual instructions to avoid mistakes.
Step 3 – Install the sink
Start by protecting the top surface while turning it upside down before adding silicone sealant to the sink’s edge.
Place the sink on the cutout until it touches the counter before cleaning the excess seal. Let it dry off for 24 hours before integrating pipes.
Step 4 – Connect to the pipes
Now it’s time to introduce the pipes and drain to the kitchen sink.
Link the drain to the filter and trim the pipe ends with a cutter before attaching it to the faucet using the producer’s manual.
Step 5 – Check your connections
An ideal way to check connections is to open the valves and water supply.
Leaks are significant challenges for beginners at this stage, and retightening the installation process is the solution.
Maintenance Tips for Cast Iron Sinks
- Cast iron kitchen sinks are prone to marks and scratches from pots and pans. You can protect the sink from chips and scratches with a plastic basin.
- Avoid dropping heavy items on the sink because it can leave cracks or scuff scratches on the surface.
- Do not leave things like coffee, tea bags and berries that can cause stains in the sink.
- Cleaning is an essential part of the maintenance process. It is advisable to keep the sink neat and clean by rinsing immediately after use.
- Use a soft sponge and warm water to remove persistent stains on the surface. Do not use tough items like wire brushes, steel wool, etc.
- After rinsing the sink with warm water, dry the surface with a soft, non-abrasive cleaner.
- Removing pot marks is a challenge for beginners. Pot marks are chips and scuffs on the body and basin of the sink created by pans and dishes. Remove these marks and scratches with a wine bottle cork. Use the cork softly on the area until it removes the mark.
- If there is a leak, consider checking the silicone sealant and the pipe connections. Retightening the basket strainer and go through the installation process all over again.
Cast Iron Vs Fireclay Sinks
The kitchen is an integral part of many homes, especially during a family gathering, and the sink is the most used utensil during food preparation.
The cast iron and fireclay sinks are utensils with unique features and benefits.
The cast iron kitchen sinks have an iron base encased on a sturdy enamel available in a wide array of colors, shapes and styles.
Enamel cast iron sinks are resistant to food-related stains, improve any kitchen’s overall appearance, and are ideal for heavy use, unlike acrylic models.
Fireclay sinks are ideal for traditional and farmhouse style kitchens. The sink is durable, versatile and resists temperature changes, discoloration, fading, chippings or stains.
Manufacturers produce fireclay sinks by heating a clay-based ceramic for solidity, effectiveness and efficiency.
Installation and cost are the most significant drawbacks of cast iron sinks. Moving the sink is another challenge because of the weight.
While fireclay sinks are ceramic, they come with a few flaws as they can scratch or chip upon impact and water issues.
Both sinks offer adequate performance, reliability and enhance the décor of any cooking space, so it is advisable to search with a budget.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks
Cast iron sinks have a unique appearance that improves the overall aesthetics of modern and traditional kitchens. The sink is available in a wide array of color, shapes and styles with a glossy finish that does not absorb moisture and resists stains.
The sink has a sturdy build with high retention for heat and a sound guard to prevent vibration and sound produced from dish clatter.
Consider investing in this sink because it retains quality and performance over time. Its enamel coating guarantees that the sink will not break, chip or crack under heavy use.
It is advisable not to clean or scrub the surface with abrasive or harsh chemicals to avoid damaging the coating. Avoid placing heavy items on the sink to prevent scratches and rust.
Cast iron sinks are available in various styles such as apron front, undermount and drop-in styles. These sinks come with single, double or triple basins with exceptional qualities.
The major drawback of cast iron sink is the weight. Most homeowners prefer other models because of their lightweight as many cannot install the sink without seeking additional help or hiring an expert.
Cast iron sinks are prone to quick stains because of their glossy finish and attractive design.
1. How long does a cast iron sink last?
Cast iron sinks usually have a long lifespan because of their sturdy build. Most cast iron sink last above 25 years because of the enamel coat’s protection from rust.
Avoid sharp objects or heavy items on the sink to prevent scratches that expose the iron under the enamel layer to rust.
2. Will a cast iron sink rust?
Yes, if you expose the iron under the enamel layer to water. Using sharp objects or heavy items in the sink leads to deep scratches that can diminish the protection of the enamel coating and expose the iron.
You can preserve the sink after few scuffs with a porcelain touch-up paint.
3. Does cast iron sink scratch?
Yes. Metal objects like pots, pans, and kitchen utensils are significant causes of scuffs and scratches when they strike the sink’s enameled surface.
While metal objects are a major cause, washing the sink with abrasive chemicals or scrubbing with force can also cause scratches to the surface. Wash with a soft cloth and warm water.
4. Is cast iron sink too heavy for countertop?
Most countertops support cast iron sinks, but some models are too heavy and can cause damage. If you’re facing this challenge, create independent framing support in the base cabinet for heavy sinks.
Cast iron sinks are heavy, and few models require extra support to prevent catastrophes and countertop damage.
5. Why are cast iron sinks so expensive?
Cast iron sinks are expensive to purchase and install because of the materials involved in the manufacturing process.
With an enamel coating, cast iron build with rugged and heavy materials, this sink comes at a price and offers reliable performance for decades. Most homeowners purchase cast iron sinks because of their exceptional qualities.
Although sinks vary in style, size and brand, this cast iron kitchen sink reviews will help you make the best selection. The KOHLER K-5827-0 Whitehaven Undermount Single-Bowl is one of the best in the market today.
This sink has a smooth finish to improve your kitchen’s overall aesthetics and is available in various colors and styles.
Consider investing in this sink if you want an attractive sink resistant to food-related stains and a sound water drainage system. Its objective is to offer reliable performance and maintain exceptional quality for a long time.
This premium quality kitchen sink is ideal for traditional and modern homes with sturdy construction that does not crack, burn, or chip under heavy usage.
With an enameled cast iron, self-trimming apron design, and glazed surface, this sink will leave you with a lasting impression.
The sink is versatile and easy to install with a generous workspace that accommodates oversized pots, pans, etc. Hopefully, this review will help you select the best cast iron kitchen sink that fit your basic needs.