Having the best utility sink installed in laundry or utility room can help you accomplish tasks faster and easier. These types of sinks are also known as laundry room sinks or garage room sinks because of where they are located.
Hand-washing clothes, bathing pets, rinsing off dirty items or allowing plants to drip dry can be too messy or inconvenient to do at any other sinks in the house. However, utility sinks are usually larger and more durable than a typical kitchen or bathroom sink and can accommodate these chores.
Quick Comparison: Best Utility Sinks
|JS Jackson Supplies White Utility Sink Laundry Tub||
|Ruvati RVU6022 Topmount Deep Laundry Room Utility Sink||
|VETTA All Black Utility Sink Freestanding Deep Laundry Tub||
|TRINITY THA-0307 Basics Stainless Steel Utility Room Sink||
|KRAUS Pax KHU24L 18 Gauge Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Laundry and Utility Sink||
Top 10 Best Utility Sink Reviews:
1. JS Jackson Supplies White Freestanding Utility Sink Laundry Tub
- Made with metal, ABS, and plastic
- Freestanding installation method
- 22.4 pounds in weight
- Adjustable legs
- High-raised faucet
- Large tub to accommodate all your cleaning
The laundry tub comes as a complete laundry set, bringing convenience and practicality into your laundry space. ABS plastic and durable metal are used in its making to ensure it serves you for many years.
This freestanding laundry sink comes with an upgraded faucet made from a metal base, shanks coated with metal to boost their longevity, and quality handles. The whole design is attractive to look at and will enhance the appearance of your bathroom.
The JS Jackson Supplies White Utility Sink Laundry Tub comes with a spacious area for cleaning all your oversized and bulky items. It comes with a tall, highly raised faucet containing a graceful arc that allows you to wash without maneuvering around it.
Using the water from this tub is easy and convenient as you only need to direct the weighted pull-down sprayer to where you require it, making it excellent for hosing down objects with mud or filling large pails. The JS Jackson Supplies White Utility Sink Laundry Tub is impressive. The tub is white thermoplastic, and high-quality.
With its 19-gallon capacity, it gets designed to suit all your laundry needs. You need not to worry about the stability of this tub while washing because it consists of stable metal legs. More so, you get to adjust its foot levers to the height you want. It can work in garages, gardens or unfinished basements with same performance.
What you’ll like about the laundry tub is its multipurpose nature. If you have an outdoor kitchen, it will help wash those numerous dishes and large pots. It is the perfect temporary sink to have if remodeling or constructing your kitchen.
- Spacious area for cleaning
- Easy to use
- Water directed to where you need it
- Multipurpose and can be used outside
- You can adjust the legs to your convenient height
- Usable on unfinished basements, gardens or garage
- Some customers may prefer it in other colors
- You can wash dogs up to a medium size
2. Ruvati RVU6022 Topmount Deep Laundry Room Utility Sink
- Drain assembly is included with this sink for easy installation
- Made from luxurious stainless steel
- Comes with pre-drilled faucet holes so you can customize sink assembly to your style
- Built-in accessories include a dry rack, a washboard and a soap holder for ultimate versatility
- Sizable bowl can hold 14.5 gallons of water for any laundry or garage task
- Has a rim that will easily fit inside existing countertops or cabinetry
- Installation instructions come with this unit so you can get to work right away
Due to the added accessories that are integrated within this drop-in sink, this model may have some of the garage sink features. Whether you need to wash engine oil off your hands or rinse muddy shoes, the built-in soap dish and washboard of this sink will help you clean up fast.
Luxurious brushed finish matches stainless steel appliances and hides scratches. For existing cabinets or countertops, this sink can be mounted as a drop-in unit. Speaking of the bowl, this model has a 14.5 gallon capacity.
This package provides all the essentials for sink installation, including a drain assembly. Hole for a faucet and handle is pre-drilled, you can customize this sink to your own style. The fresh white color is unlikely to fade or dull over time and can brighten up any room.
- Built-in soap dish, washboard and dry rack
- Durable stainless steel utility sink
- Corrosion, scratch and stain free
- Pre-drilled faucet hole
- Bright white color makes sink look uniform and will blend with almost every style
- Does not come with faucet
3. KRAUS Pax KHU24L Single Bowl Stainless Steel Laundry and Utility Sink
- Beautiful and modern undermount design can bring style to laundry room
- Heavy 18 gauge stainless steel interior won’t rust or corrode over time
- Deep 12 in. bowl provides room to perform various tasks with plenty of room
- Lifetime limited warranty offers peace of mind
- Square drain is unique and attractive, and slightly sloped bottom drains fast
- Comes with full drain assembly and a black Kraus hand towel
Because of its style and elegance, this undermount utility sink may be the best stainless steel laundry room sink. Big enough to bathe a small dog but compact enough to blend in with surrounding decor, this sink brings a lot to the table.
If you have an existing countertop in your laundry room or garage, consider the functionality and seamless style this undermount sink can offer. This model will resist dents and stains due to the strong materials used and is not prone to damage. Unlike a porcelain laundry sink, a stainless steel sink won’t scratch or chip.
In addition, this model comes with a unique and modern square drain that sets it apart from other sinks. A drain assembly is included for maximum convenience as well as a basket strainer. No utility faucet is included in this package.
Another thing this sink has that other laundry tubs often lack is soundproofing. A layer of insulation lines the bottom of this sink to prevent excess noise from escaping. This can make washing and cleaning jobs a lot easier on the nerves.
On top of all that, a lifetime limited warranty also comes with this sink, which can give you peace of mind. The Kraus name is also a known brand in the industry and is renowned for its quality products.
- Stainless steel interior
- Dent, mold and stain resistant
- Soundproofed bottom
- Unique square drain
- Can create a seamless look in your garage or laundry room countertop
- No faucet or other accessories included
- Not practical if you do not have countertops in laundry room
4. TRINITY THA-0307 Basics Stainless Steel Utility Room Sink
- Drainboard offers additional workspace to utility sink
- Freestanding look with non-marring feet are more stylish than floor-bolted models
- Can accommodate wall-mount faucet and handles
- Full drain assembly is included with this package for maximum convenience
- Square 18 x 18 inch bowl is large and deep enough for most heavy-duty tasks
- Well constructed of heavy stainless steel makes it usable at laundry room, basement, garden and garage
Maximize your convenience with this freestanding laundry tub made of heavy 18 gauge stainless steel. The bowl is a square 18 x 18 in. wide and long and 12 in. deep.
This size offers enough space to get most tasks done while remaining fairly compact. A drainboard can be one of the best features of the laundry sink. Set items there to drip dry or drain, or use it as a shelf to keep items within arm’s reach while you work.
The stainless steel commercial style laundry sink is high grade quality and therefore unlikely to stain, scratch or dent over time. This material also will never rust or corrode even after long-term use.
Easy to clean and resistant to bacteria or mold, stainless steel is an ideal material for any utility room sink.
The legs on this unit are sturdy and match the sink and drainboard, and they do not bolt to the floor. Instead, they have attractive feet that won’t scratch your flooring.
This feature makes the sink look less utilitarian and more polished than other models. The sink comes with pre-drilled holes to accommodate a wall-mount faucet and handles, which saves a few inches against the wall.
- No major assembly required
- Drain assembly included
- Deep 12 in. bowl
- Matching legs and finished feet
- Scratch and stain resistant
- Legs are built by galvanized steel
- The faucet can be flimsy
5. Transolid TCM-2420-WC All-in-One Stainless Steel Utility Sink
- Comes with cabinet that is pre-assembled for immediate installation
- Two cabinet doors are a classic Shaker-style and close without a sound
- Faucet and handles are included
- Sink is made of heavy 18 gauge stainless steel that resists rust or staining
- Single lever handle is made with stainless steel and can be operated with one hand
- Magnetic hooks, measuring tape and laundry tools are included
- Faucet can be adapted to use with a garden hose
For those who want minimal setup, this sink is the best option. A deep stainless steel bowl is recessed within a cabinet that has Shaker-type doors for a classic look.
The white cabinet combined with stainless steel sink is a mix of contemporary and farmhouse style, and the unit can blend with any decor. The faucet features a pull-down sprayer and a single lever handle. You can change the temperature and pressure of the water when one hand is free.
The sink is made of a high-quality grade 18 gauge stainless steel that won’t stain or corrode over time. In addition to the sink and cabinet, accessories include a magnetic tape, sponge holder, laundry hook and ledge. These items can be placed anywhere on the stainless steel sink and removed when not in use for maximum convenience. A universal drain assembly is also included.
The cabinet doors close softly, which means no loud slamming or accidental breakage when you’re in a hurry. Best of all, no countertops or huge amount of space is required with this sink. Simply hook up the plumbing to what you have in your home and you will be ready to use this utility sink.
The cabinet underneath not only supports the sink but provides extra storage. The included accessories and ease of installation make this model one of the best laundry room sink packages available right now.
- All-in-one installation
- One-touch single level handle
- Retractable sprayer nozzle
- Cabinet doors close softly
- High quality stainless steel interior
- Drain assembly included
- After a couple of years spray button may malfunction
6. VETTA All Black Utility Sink Freestanding Deep Laundry Tub
- Deep 19 gallon bowl provides plenty of room for various tasks
- Thermoplastic material is virtually indestructible even after heavy use
- Solid metal legs match the bowl and create a uniform appearance
- Elegant high-arc faucet is stainless steel and built to last
- Single lever faucet handle can change water temperature and velocity with one touch
- Pull-down sprayer discreetly retracts into faucet stem and looks stylish
- Beautiful black color can blend in or contrast with surrounding decor
If you prefer small utility sinks over huge ones, this model may be what you’re looking for. At 23 in. across, this utility tub is not tiny but is more compact than other models.
However, it still provides great convenience with its deep 19 gallon bowl. The striking black color of this model would make it a great utility sink for garage room or basement placement.
This plastic utility sink is made of incredibly durable thermoplastic that resists all kinds of damage. The black color also disguises stains or scratches you may incur over time. Strong metal legs match the color of the sink and create one unified look that is attractive. The legs can be bolted to the floor or remain freestanding. This sink’s height can also be adjusted.
An added bonus to this models is that it comes with a stainless steel faucet with a retractable sprayer head. The stem of the faucet is a graceful high arc design that elevates the otherwise rustic appearance of the plastic bowl.
The handle is a single lever that can control the water temperature and pressure with one turn of your wrist.
This model also comes with complete installation instructions and a drain and plumbing setup. Install your drain and arrange your supply lines and you will be ready to use this sink out of the box with little additional equipment.
- Stylish and understated black color
- Strong metal support legs
- Stainless steel faucet and handle
- Retractable sprayer head
- Thick and durable plastic
- Deep 19 gallon bowl
- Compact width for small spaces
- Metal legs may scrape floor if not bolted down
7. Mustee Utilatub Floor Mount Extra Deep Laundry Room Utility Sink
- Deep 20 gallon tub can accommodate almost any laundry chore
- Made in the United States with attention to quality
- Constructed from a strong type of resin that is highly durable
- Installation is easy and fast since tub is one molded piece
- Legs are made from strong metal that will adequately support big tub
- Drain is set in center of bottom for superior draining
- Comes with a full drain assembly for your convenience
- Will not scratch or stain over time, and is dent resistant
This model may be one of the best extra deep utility sinks available on the market right now. Its 20 gallon tub can accommodate tasks like washing off muddy shoes to bathing a pet with ease.
Unlike other models out there, this utility sink is made from a unique plastic resin that has a smooth, beautiful white finish for a clean and shiny appearance. Much like a porcelain utility sink, this model can resist staining and scratching but at a reasonable price point.
The legs are made from a strong metal that can support this sizable tub, and can be bolted to the floor or allowed to remain freestanding. Though this model does not come with a faucet or handles, it does provide pre-drilled spaces where these items can be added.
A drain assembly is included. The tub itself is one piece of molded resin, so other than attaching the legs there is minimal assembly required.
Another plus is that this sink is also lighter than, say, a cast iron utility sink. Yet the material it uses is almost impossible to damage or stain.
These qualities make it an ideal sink if functionality is most important to you. Because of its down-to-earth appearance, it can blend in with basic laundry room or garage room decor.
- Durable resin bowl
- Strong metal legs
- 20 gallon capacity
- Stain and dent resistant
- Drain assembly included
- Pre-drilled holes for faucet
- Versatile white color
- Easy to clean
- No faucet or handles are included in package
- While functional, it is not as stylish as some other utility sinks
8. LDR White Utility Sink Laundry Tub with Chrome Faucet
- Comes with chrome-plated faucet with two handle design
- Retractable sprayer can be set to high or low with touch of a button
- Big 20 gallon tub can be used for just about any household task
- Includes a towel bar, a work shelf, and hooks to hang things upon
- Polypropylene material won’t scratch or stain over time and is also dent resistant
A few of the laundry sink features are a towel bar, and drying rack, and utility hooks, and this product has them all.
Made from a highly durable and nearly indestructible polypropylene material, this sink is built to last. It can resist scratches, staining, or any daily wear and tear from heavy use. No special care is required with this material, so it can be cleaned with whatever you have on hand.
This utility sink comes with an attractive and shiny chrome faucet with a handy retractable sprayer head. It also comes with two knob handles that are easy to turn and clearly marked for hot and cold water.
A drain assembly is included in the box, so installation can be a breeze. Since this model is freestanding, there is no additional floor mounting necessary when setting up this sink.
Though this sink has a lower price tag, it does not sacrifice quality. The deep bowl of the sink can hold 20 gallons and is generously sized for almost any garage or laundry room task imaginable.
The stylish design can look cheerful in any space and is a great alternative to more rustic and utilitarian sink models. The legs match the bowl and other parts for a uniform and finished appearance.
- Stylish and cheerful design
- All-in-one design maximizes convenience in the laundry room
- Indestructible polypropylene material
- Utility hook, towel bar, and drip rack included
- Drain assembly included
- No floor mounting required
- Attractive white color always stays looking clean and bright
- Chrome faucet and knob handles
- No need to bolt into the ground as it is a freestanding model
- Not as heavy as other sinks
9. Utility Sink Laundry Tub with Cabinet
- 34 inches in height
- 21.5 inches in depth
- Comes with pull-down faucet
- Wooden cabinets
- Made with stainless steel and ABS plastic
This utility sink laundry tub comes with everything you need for a sophisticated look for your laundry room, mudroom of the shop. With its modern cabinet, Utility Laundry Tub with Cabinet is a perfect blend of function and fashion.
If you are searching for a laundry utility cabinet to match your style and home décor, your search may end with this cabinet tub. Its sink set and durability matches that of classic laundry tubs and comes with versatile styles to match your dryer and washer.
The utility tub comes with enough storage for your laundry and other items. The cabinets are pleasing to look at attributed to its wooden material and brown color. It’s safe to keep your stuff like buckets, cleaning detergents, and supplies inside the cabinet as they come secured with close door hinges.
The entire Utility Laundry Tub with Cabinet will intrigue you with its durability. Thanks to its sturdy wooden cabinets and ABS plastic made tub. The faucet and tub are also made from stainless steel to ensure they serve for long without rusting. If you are worried whether this Utility Laundry Tub with Cabinet will meet your laundry need, its 13.5 – inch deep basin may convince you.
With the scrubbing board that comes with this laundry tub, you will have no problem removing stubborn stains. It comes with a pull-down faucet with a two-function of spraying and streaming.
You will store your soap in its matching soap dispenser and drain the water using its 4.5 – inch drain that comes with a matching strainer. The legs are sturdy to offer optimal stability.
- Very convenient and high functionality
- Easy to use and maintain
- You can choose to stream or spray water while washing
- Lasts long and is very sturdy
- Has cabinets to store your laundry items and supplies
- Comes with a built-in scrubbing board that assists in removing stubborn stains
- Poor securing method requiring you to use extra caulk
10. MAYA Utility Sink Laundry Tub with Faucet
- Sturdy metal legs can be adjusted to your preferred height
- Deep 19 gallon sink bowl can hold large objects with ease
- Comes with a stylish and elegant high arc stainless steel faucet assembly
- Sink is made of a heavy-duty plastic that will not stain or scratch
- Sprayer comes with the faucet with high and low pressure settings
- Single handle faucet design allows you to control water with one hand
- At only 23 in. across, this sink can fit into most rooms
- A white color offers a fresh and clean look
Because of its compact size and durability, this model is considered as a durable utility sink out there. Its white color and practical construction materials also make it the best for garage room use too.
This sink is made from a thick, durable plastic that can stand up to just about anything, including heavy daily use, abrasive cleaners or scratching.
Though the sink bowl can hold a whopping 19 gallons of water, this sink can fit into most spaces in your laundry room or garage. The metal legs provide support and can be bolted to the floor or not depending on your preference. The legs can also be adjusted to fit your height.
The high-arc faucet with its pull-out sprayer completes this package. Change the water pressure or temperature with one hand thanks to the faucet’s single handle design.
The faucet is made of stainless steel which won’t corrode or rust, and it has an elegant design that softens the rustic feel of this utility sink.
- One year limited warranty
- Metal legs provide support
- Faucet assembly is included
- Faucet assembly included
- Made of indestructible plastic
- Deep enough for multiple uses
- Plastic may look dull over time
- Great for basements or garages, but may look rustic for laundry room
Best Utility Room Sink Buying Guide
Size and Depth
Utility sinks are generally larger than sinks found in other areas of the home. Extra deep sinks for laundry room or garage areas make washing large items easy. Consider what tasks you will use your sink for.
For example, if you wish to bathe your pet, you may want a very large or deep sink that will contain any splashing. Depth and width also makes certain household projects much easier, such as rinsing or cleaning mops or gardening utensils.
The method by which you mount your sink can change the appearance of your entire room. The way you install your sink can also affect its functionality. Freestanding sinks are convenient to install but are generally smaller than floor-mounted sinks.
Conversely, undermounted sinks can only be installed in places where existing countertop is available. A large garage sink may need extra support than a smaller drop-in sink. The layout of your room may determine the mounting method.
Utility sink should be able to resist stains, scratches and other signs of heavy use. For this reason, most utility sinks are made from heavy duty and durable materials such as enameled cast iron, stainless steel or plastic. Look for items that have a scratch-resistant finish which will further the life of your sink.
Neither stainless steel nor plastic corrodes, but a shiny white utility sink made from enameled cast iron can look uplifting and clean. Some utility sinks even come with sound-deadening technology so you can use your sink without making a racket.
While most utility sinks have the typical centered drain, some have a drain that is off center to the left or right. This off-centered drain feature can make your sink a little more versatile since it allows you to hold items on one side and rinse or drain them on the other side of the sink.
However, a drain that is located in the center of the sink usually drains more quickly and efficiently since the bottom of the sink can be sloped toward the hole.
The weight of your utility sink can factor into how you construct your utility room. The bigger the sink the heavier it will be. For example, a cast iron utility sink is heavier than a plastic sink. Though a solid build can be an asset to a sink’s life and durability, it will need extra support beams placed under it to keep it in place.
Some wash tubs for laundry room use are mounted to the floor, which eliminates this problem. However, you will have to consider providing extra support to undermount and wall-mounted utility sinks.
Benefits of a Utility Sink:
- Extra large size enables you to wash and work with large items or pets
- Durable materials won’t scratch or stain over time
- Drains are usually larger to accommodate rapid drainage
- Can come with accessories to assist in laundering tasks
- Easier to clean and can withstand abrasive cleaners or substances
- Some have legs and feet for extra support
- Can come with storage cabinets to maximize space
- Often come with faucet and drain assembly
- Sprayers on utility sinks are usually stronger and can have multiple uses
- Deep sinks for laundry room use can soak clothes or other high-volume items
Laundry Sink Mounting Types
Undermount or Flushmount
An undermount sink is installed beneath countertops so no edges of the sink are visible. If you have an existing countertop in your garage or laundry room, a large sink bowl can be installed recessed within it.
Similarly, a flushmount sink is installed so that its top edges are flush with the edge of the counter. Both methods give a clean and modern look to the sink and allow for easy cleanup.
Freestanding utility sink tubs often have their own cabinetry and support system underneath the sink bowl. They can be installed without an existing countertop and can fit into any available space in your garage or laundry room.
Similar to a traditional kitchen sink, a drop-in utility sink fits inside a countertop. The lip of the sink and mounting units are visible. While less aesthetically pleasing, drop-in sinks can stand the test of time and need less support underneath. A porcelain laundry sink lends itself to this type of installation.
Some utility sinks come with legs or supports that can be screwed into the floor. Usually extra deep utility sinks require a floor mount, and many come with several different working parts. A heavy cast iron utility sink can also have a floor mount. These sinks can be especially durable since they are meant for long-term and heavy use.
Wall-mounted laundry sinks require attaching them directly onto the laundry room wall when installing. They are fixed directly onto the wall studs at the rear of the drywall because of weight restrictions. They are suitable for homeowners with limited space as they appear higher on the floor, creating storage space.
Base cabinet-mounted utility sink tends to be a combination of the bathroom conceit cabinet and laundry sink. This features a simple utilitarian cabinet positioned at the base and doors with the sink placed on top. If you need to maintain your laundry appearance, this type of utility sink is the best. They are streamlined units that don’t display your lower plumbing and give limited storage. Their capacity is more economical than other sinks, which is between 10 and 15 gallons.
How to Install a Utilatub
- Adjustable wrench
- Phillips head screwdriver
Remove sink from box and flip upside down. Take the four legs included in the box and attach them to the bottom of the sink. They should slide in to the grooves provided on the tub. Give them a few pats with the hammer to make sure they are securely in place.
Find the small foot pedestals that attach to the end of each of the four legs. With your screwdriver in hand and using the metal braces and screws included in the package, attach the feet to each leg.
Flip the sink back over so it is right-side-up and set it on its legs. Now take the faucet portion out of the box and line it up with the faucet holes on the sink itself. Attach the faucet level to the sink at the back. Use your wrench to tighten the nut at the back.
Hook up your Utilatub to your plumbing pipes. Turn on the water supply and make sure everything works correctly. You are now ready to use your Utilatub.
When building or remodeling your laundry room or garage, you should find the best utility sink for your needs. Keep in mind the type of installation space your room has, and what tasks you will use your sink for the most.
Whether you look at large wash tubs for laundry room use or small utility sinks for your garage, always check the materials of the sink is made of and its durability. You want a sink that can endure heavy daily use for years to come with minimal staining or scratching.