Getting this spectacular Latoscana LFS3318W 33" reversible farmhouse sink was one of the best decisions for our kitchen remodeling. It’s a Cadillac of premium kitchen sinks with its stunning and sturdy exterior.
Like all farmhouse sinks worth their salt, this Latoscana LFS3318W fireclay sink also has a deep basin for easy cleaning of large cookware with minimal splash. It wasn’t difficult to install. Despite all the strong aesthetic vibes and huge cleaning space, this sink is not without its flaws.
Also, read our Kohler prolific sink review.
- 100 % Exquisitely Italian made reversible design. Fireclay sinks are beautifully finished on all sides
- Standard 3 1/2" drain opening and compatible with waste disposal units or standard basket strainers
- Reversible fireclay sinks off a simple fluted design on 1 side and a completely smooth surface on the other
- It offers you a variety of installation option such as flush mount, undermount or raised sink. Sink has no overflow
- No extended flange needed
Latoscana LFS3318W Farmhouse Sink Review:
In case you’re in a hurry, here’s a quick summary of the sink reviews.
- Made in Italy.
- This rectangular sink has a dimension of 33" x 18" x 10" which is big enough for large pots and pans.
- Also comes in a 33” and 36” double-bowl and 27” single-bowl versions.
- The 3½" drain opening sits at the center of the sink. It has a shiny brushed nickel finish.
- Soundproof, heat, scratch, stain, and chipping resistant fireclay finish.
- Reversible design for customized installation to make sure the sink beautifully gels with the decor of our kitchen.
- The minimum cabinet size under the sink should be 36”.
- Compatible with all kinds of garbage disposal units.
- Chipping, corrosion, and stain-resistant glaze coating.
- Won’t develop scratches if you put a steel rack on the basin.
- Won’t chip or warp if you pour hot boiling liquid on it.
- Centered drain hole.
- Fireclay absorbs a good amount of clanking and clattering sound.
- Deep and spacious sink is ideal for bulk cleanup of heavy-duty cookware and bakeware.
- Can be used as a drop-in or under-mounted sink.
- Reversible design- a quirky fluted design on one side and a classic smooth apron-front design on the other. Either of the sides can be put on the front side.
- Tough as nails.
- Protects delicate glassware.
- Any garbage disposal unit will fit perfectly into the drain opening.
- Not overly expensive for a top-tier Italian kitchen sink.
- The basin has a very small slope towards the drain. I’d have liked a little more slope so that all the gunk and water would flow freely towards the drain for easy cleanup.
- Doesn’t come with a steel grid for the basin.
Review of the Latoscana Reversible Farmhouse Sink:
Look and Feel
The rectangular sink looks like a piece of art with an interesting fluted design on one side and a classic smooth finish on the other. Depending on what kind of look you’re going for, you can use either of the sides as the front.
That’s the beauty of having a reversible design. I put the fluted side on the front as it adds an extra dose of charm to my sort of rustic-looking kitchen. The reversible design would be a great advantage for people who are not entirely sure what sort of sink would go best with their kitchen.
If you decide to remodel your kitchen in future, you may not feel the need to replace your Latoscana. This 33" farmhouse sink is one of the best Latoscana farmhouse sinks I came across during my kitchen sink hunt. The basin is almost 10" which comfortably fits my huge and bulky bakeware.
Fireclay is the most scratch-resistant sink material ever, so hiding unsightly hairline scratches should be the least of your worries as the sink won’t develop any. I loved the shiny protective glaze on the heavy and robust sink. I have been using it for 5 months straight and I’m yet to notice any paint chipping or stain on the surface.
Thanks to its unique design, you can mount it as an undermount or flush-mount sink. Your cabinet needs to be at least 36" wide for proper installation.
Also, it’s quite a hefty piece, so make sure your countertop can support its structure. The 3.5" drain opening is placed right in the middle of the basin, so no matter how you install the sink, the drain pipe location will remain at the center of the sink.
My only beef with this beautiful sink is that the bottom doesn’t have much of a slope. Having a nice slant toward the drain would have helped with cleanup.
It’s not really a high-end sink if it scratches easily. The guys at Latoscana know this very well, I suppose, which is why they have coated the fireclay surface with a glossy protective coating that helps to keep ugly scratches and stains away.
I run a small home bakery, so obviously, a lot of food-grade colors and sticky liquids go into my sink during wash-ups. Despite the collective torture of large hot cookware, knives, food colors, and liquid, the sink looks good as new after 5 months of use.
I would also like to add that the solid fireclay surface provides a solid sound insulation. Good for my cat because now I can wash my dishes without startling her with loud clinking and splashing noises.
Also, read our BOCCHI Fireclay Sink Review.
History Of the Latoscana Brand
Latoscana is the brainchild of Romildo and Mario Paini, also known as the Paini brothers. The dynamic duo from Pogno, Italy who came up with the idea of this company in 1954. They are known for bathroom and kitchen fixtures that scream of true Italian craftsmanship.
Apart from having a phenomenal collection of rustic and modern faucets, sinks, and other accessories for both old-fashioned and modern kitchens and bathrooms, this brand is also dedicated to providing its premium products at affordable prices to American consumers.
What started off as a small craft shop in Northern Milan is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom fittings in several countries today. Good for them, and us too.
Frequently Asked Questions about LFS3318W Latoscana 33"
1. Is the Sink Compatible with the Garbage Disposal?
Ans. Yes, any standard-sized garbage disposal will fit the drain opening built into the sink.
2. Does the Sink Come with Any Accessories?
Ans. No, but you can easily find compatible accessories like sink protector bottom grid and garbage disposal unit to go with this sink.
3. What Are the Dimensions of the Sink?
Ans. The exterior dimensions of the sink are 33" tall, 18" wide, and 10" deep. The interior bowl is about 28" tall, 15" wide, and 9" deep.
4. Is it a Top- or Under-mount Sink?
Ans. You can install it both ways but I’d recommend mounting it under your kitchen countertop for a more seamless look.
Where to Buy?
You can buy the reversible design as well as the 27" and 36" version of this apron-front Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible sink online from Amazon, TheSinkBoutique, HomeDepot, and QualityBath.
I hope this review cleared up all the queries and doubts you had in your mind about the Latoscana apron sink. This Latoscana LFS3318W farmhouse sink is near perfect in almost every aspect. It’s aesthetically pleasing design can make it the focal point of any kitchen.
You won’t need to possess expert handyman skills to install, thanks to its reverse design that lets you mount it in different ways. I wish the bottom wasn’t this flat as I often have to scrub the sides hard to get rid of food debris but I can live with that.
The sink is extremely well-made and unless you throw Thor’s hammer on it, it’s not likely to break for years. All these along with a reasonable price tag makes it a steal deal. Hopefully, this Latoscana 33" LFS3318W reversible farmhouse sink review was informative and helpful. Cheers!