The best sink protector can guard your sink from scratches and damage, which can lengthen the life of your sink.
A sink bottom grid can also protect your dishes from breakage. Sinks that are crafted from dense materials like fireclay, stainless steel, copper or natural stone dropping a dish can spell shattered glass and possible chipping or scratching on your sink’s surface.
To prevent accidents from ruining your sink or dishes, a sink protector mat can be a valuable investment. Some protective grids do double duty by being effective drying racks too.
Quick Comparison: Best Sink Protectors
|Better Houseware Kitchen Sink Protector Mat||
|Oxo Good Grips PVC Free Sink Protector||
|Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid||
|Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Sink Protector Mat||
|Barclay Wire Grid for Single Bowl Farmhouse Sink||
|Dayton GOBG2816SS Stainless Steel Sink Bottom Grid||
Top 10 Best Sink Protector Reviews:
1. Better Houseware Kitchen Sink Protector Mat
- Stainless steel construction can be sturdy and last a long time.
- Drain hole is uniquely shaped for a distinctive look.
- Extra large size can fit almost any large sink, even farmhouse sinks.
- Plastic feet help protect the bottom of the sink from any scratches.
- Can fit easily over both drains and garbage disposal units in sink.
This Better Housewares protective sink grid could be perfect for big sinks. This sink protector has an extra large size and comes in a rectangular shape that will accommodate almost any typical large sink bottom.
The inconspicuous black plastic feet allow this grid to sit slightly above the bottom of the sink for maximum airflow and ease of water drainage.
This kitchen sink grid also has a unique-shaped drain hole that is subtle and attractive. The space in the middle of the rack allows water and food to drain efficiently without any mold or bacteria forming, and food debris is unlikely to stick to the grid at all.
The stainless steel construction can stand up to lots of heavy use and won’t rust or corrode over time. This material is also very sturdy and durable, so even your heaviest dishes will not cast bending or warping.
Coming in a reasonable price, this bottom guard not only protects the bottom of your sink, it can also keep you dishes safe. The grid pattern allows dishes to be lined up to dry quickly.
- Extra large size.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Plastic protective feet.
- Rectangular shape.
- Reasonable price.
- Unique appearance.
- Easy to clean and wipe down if any debris is caught.
- May tend to “float” in bottom of sink instead of staying put.
- Dishes can only be stacked front to back due to grid pattern.
2. Oxo Good Grips PVC Free Sink Protector
- Made of soft and flexible PVC-free silicone.
- Has feet that allows proper water drainage and airflow.
- Unique design allows a drain hole to be cut out according to your sink.
- Protects sink bottom as well as fragile dishes from breaking.
- Grid pattern allows bottom of sink to be visible and water to flow.
- Large size can accommodate almost any large kitchen sink.
This model from Oxo is one of the extra large kitchen sink protector mats due to its many features. Not only it is large enough to fit inside any sink but also it can be customized to your particular sink’s drain design.
Being able to cut out the drain hole along with the open grid pattern, can allow water to flow freely through this mat and drain appropriately.
The portions of the mat that are left intact still look beautiful and can contribute to its overall attractive design.
Though made from a soft and flexible silicone, this mat has small feet that keep it raised above the bottom of your sink.
This feature can prevent any bacteria or mold from forming on its underside and stop food debris from getting lodged underneath it. Its light gray color goes well with any white or stainless steel sink.
The Oxo name is well known in the kitchen wares industry as one that is committed to quality and affordability.
When not in use as a sink protector, this mat can be used as a hot pad or trivet for hot dishes. It can also be placed on the countertop to be used as a separate drying rack.
Overall this mat has a lot going for it. The silicone is PVC-free, which means it does not have any dangerous chemicals that could leach into your sink or dishes.
- PVC-free silicone.
- Drain-hole customization.
- Open grid pattern.
- Light gray color that matches most kitchen colors and decor.
- Large rectangle shape.
- Small silicone feet.
- May not fit sink bowls that are extra large.
- May not blend well with copper sinks.
3. Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Sink Protector Mat
- Wave design provides a whimsical and attractive detail.
- Drain hole comes pre-cut so sink can freely drain.
- Black color can blend in with almost any sink and kitchen decor.
- Repels bacteria, mold and other harmful microbes from food remnants.
- Is an effective drip dry mat for stray dishes.
If you prefer a mat that lies flat in your backyard kitchen sink, this model may be for you. This Rubbermaid silicone mat won’t float or move around inside your sink, which can be great when wrestling large dishes.
In addition, fragile or breakable dishes are extra safe with this sink mat, as it can absorb their impact and reduce likelihood of shattering.
This mat is also great for anyone on a budget, as the price is low. However, this mat looks beautiful with its unique wave design. It can bring a fun detail to your kitchen while protecting the bottom of your sink.
The pre-cut drain hole gives it a tailored and customized feel that makes it appear more expensive than it is. Because the silicone repels microbial bacteria and mold, you can leave dishes to dry on it without fear.
Unlike some metal grids, this kitchen sink protector will never rust or corrode due to being silicone. This material can last for a long time, and it’s less likely to fray or peel like rubber or other plastic materials.
Overall, this mat could be a great choice for one or both bowls of a double bowl sink, which tend to be smaller and squarer.
- Affordable price tag.
- Silicone material is durable and can provide your dishes with extra breakage protection.
- Attractive wave design.
- Drip dry mat.
- Won’t rust or fray.
- May wear down over time.
- May contrast with sink color.
4. VIGO Stainless Steel Sink Bottom Grid
- Chrome-plated stainless steel resists corrosion and rust over time.
- Can look beautiful in the bottom of stainless steel sinks.
- Feet are made from vinyl with protective bumper pads that will not scratch bottom of sink.
- Rounded corners ensure that the corners of your sink won’t be scratched.
- Drain hole is pre-cut to reduce debris or food collection.
This beautiful stainless steel grid is plated with a chrome finish that will stay looking great for a long time. While this model is somewhat pricier than others on this list, it does offer a one year limited warranty. With the vinyl feet and protective rubber feet that prevent scratching, you will be able to see where your money went.
Another asset of this protective grid is the pre-cut drain hole. You won’t have to worry about food or debris collecting around the drain, and your sink will be able to drain freely.
This design also looks more attractive and offers a custom-fit feel. With the stainless steel construction, this kitchen sink protector provides a high class appearance that can fit into the largest sinks.
While it’s always good to measure your sink’s dimensions before purchase, the generous proportions of this unit will cover a substantial area inside the largest bowls.
Overall, this sink protector could be a great choice, especially for stainless steel sinks. The chrome-plated style of this grid will blend in seamlessly with your sink. You can also leave dishes to drip dry on this grid, so it can serve more than one purpose.
- One year limited warranty can give you peace of mind.
- Easy to clean and wipe down.
- Large size can cover almost any big farmhouse single bowl sink.
- Great for stainless steel sinks
- Dishes must stack side-to-side instead of front-to-back
5. Dayton GOBG2816SS Stainless Steel Sink Bottom Grid
- Comes with shiny color of the stainless steel.
- Made of stainless steel material.
- Specially designed feet.
- Wired sturdy construction.
- Custom sized to fit specific Elkay sink bowls.
- Dishwasher safe.
Though it gets designed to fit the bottom of certain Elkay sink bowls, the grid looks appealing and improves the appearance of your sink area while installed.
Apart from its attractiveness, the Dayton GOBG2816SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid comes with many features that win the hearts of many homeowners.
Because of its stainless steel construction, the grid guarantees to serve you for many years. You also don’t have to worry about the safety of your dishes or foodstuff because it is resistant to rust and stains.
You may not need to worry about the safety of your sink’s bottom with this grid. It comes with specially made feet to protect your sink’s surface from chipping or scratching.
Cleaning the Dayton GOBG2816SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid is no hustle. You only need to wipe it with a damp cloth. Alternatively, you can use your dishwasher as it fits properly for convenient cleaning. Its drain opening comes appropriately positioned to provide easy access to the disposer or drain.
The grid increased functionality to your sink and how it makes your work easier, make it worth investing in and owning. It is a real value for your money.
What’s interesting about the Dayton GOBG2816SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid is , though it gets made for specific sinks, it fits in most sinks. Even though it will leave out some small space in some tubs, it still works out great.
- Has incredible longevity, with sturdy construction to handle the weight of your dishes or foodstuff.
- Pleasant to look at.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Designed to fit into a dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- High-quality and safe as it does not corrode, rust, or stain.
- The drain opening comes strategically placed to allow easy access to the disposer or drain.
- It does not affect the sink’s bottom due to its specially made feet.
- Increases the functionality of your sink, making your daily activities easier.
- Complements your interior décor.
- Not ideal to use in any sink.
6. Barclay Wire Grid for Single Bowl Farmer Sink
- Constructed using the 304-grade stainless steel.
- Comes with dimensions of 27 – inches by 15 – inches by 0.75 – inches.
- Weighs 3.3 pounds.
- Comes with rubber-coated feet.
- Certified as frustration-free.
The stainless steel grid that add style to your sink and prevents its bottom from getting damaged. The metallic color also blends with various colors in your room and complements your interior décor.
If you are looking for a grid to serve you for many years, consider the Barclay Wire Grid for 30 – Inch Single Bowl Farmer Sink.
Despite its impressive longevity, the grid is also sturdy to handle various weights. Its wired construction makes it an excellent drainer.
You only need to place your washed items or foodstuffs to drain water into the sink’s bottom. Because of its stainless steel material, the grid does not stain, corrode, or stain. You can use it with confidence as it is safe.
The manufacturer of the Barclay Wire Grid for 30 – Inch Single Bowl Farmer Sink designed it to fit drains of 3 – ½ – inches.
Your sinks bottom is safe while using this grid because it gets protected by the grid’s rubber-coated feet. You can do your chores on the grid without the worry of your sink chipping or experiences scratches.
You will love the fact that cleaning the bottom grid is not rocket science. Wiping it using a clean cloth dipped in soapy water and rinsing it will do the trick.
Because of the drain hole positioning, it’s easy to access the drain with this grid. Its stability is impressive, attributed to its design and the sturdy material used in its making. It is a real deal for your money!
- Lasts long and is sturdy enough to offer optimal stability and accommodate various weights of dishes, items, or foodstuffs.
- Comes with a drain hole positioned at an appropriate location to allow easy access to the drain.
- Blends with the interior décor of the room, and improves the appearance of your space.
- Protects the sink and makes work easier for you.
- Safe to use as it is stain-resistant and does not corrode.
- Its rubber feet do not damage your sink’s bottom.
- Not ideal for all sink sizes.
7. Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid
- Made with heavy-duty stainless steel.
- Conveniently located drain hole.
- Specially designed feet to protect the sink.
- Sturdy inner wires.
- Do not stain and rust.
- Strong outer wires.
- Reasonable sizes to fit various sinks.
Any homeowner looking for a grid to serve for many years should consider the Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid. Its incredible longevity is a result of the stainless steel used in its making.
The material is 304 premium, heavy-duty stainless steel that comes with many benefits. First, the grind is very sturdy to accommodate all your cleaning and the weight of various utensils or foodstuffs. The material does not rust or stain, making this grid a safe sink accessory to use.
Despite its stunning durability, the Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid comes in a sleek design and is pleasing to the eyes. Its chrome color blends well with the interior and helps in improving the room’s appearance.
You will love the fact that you can also use this grid as a drainer or a place to dry your utensils, groceries, fruits, and other washed items.
Because it comes with a drain hole strategically positioned, accessing the sink’s drain is no hustle. Most people may think the friction between this grid and the sink’s surface may damage the sink’s finish, but are wrong. The Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid comes with specially made feet to help protect your sink’s bottom.
Its elevated design comes with the inner wire diameter of 1/8 – inches, while the outer wire diameter is ¼ – inches. The Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid’s corner radius is 2- inches. Therefore, it is essential first to measure your sink and check if it fits this grid before buying.
You need not worry about maintaining the Serene Valley Sink Bottom Grid because it’s easy to clean. Investing in this grid is worth it because the manufacturer ensures you enjoy value for your money by offering a lifetime warranty.
- Stylish design.
- Robust to handle various utensils and foodstuffs.
- A wired design ideal for draining your things.
- Blends with the rooms interior décor and helps in boosting the kitchen’s look.
- High-quality and safe to use because it doesn’t corrode or stain.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The drain hole’s location helps in easy access of the drain.
- Some users may find it pricey.
8. Elkay LKWOBG1316SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid
- Comes with dimensions of 12.5 – inches by 15 – inches by 1 – inch.
- Made with stainless steel.
- Certified to be frustration-free.
- Sleek design.
- Convenient drain opening.
- Enhance the functionality of your sink.
- Dishwasher safe.
High-end kitchens look great with unique accessories like the Elkay LKWOBG1316SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid. Its design is sleek and extra-ordinary. Its manufacturer designed it to fit the bottom of only specific sink bowls from Elkay, but you can use it with other sink brands that fit the size.
There is no doubt with its long service duration as it gets made with the finest stainless steel, which also attributes to its beautiful look.
Straining your back while working around your sink is a thing of the past with the Elkay LKWOBG1316SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid as it comes elevated. The manufacturer values their customer’s safety and value for money, explaining why the material used in its making does not corrode and is of top-notch quality.
You, therefore, need not worry about the pressure exerted by your dishes or other items.
Because of its wired design, you can use it as a drain to dry your utensils or foodstuffs. It is not a hustle to access the drain as its drainage hole comes strategically placed.
With its specially made feet, you get assured of the safety of your sink’s bottom. No friction noise, scratches, or chipping experienced from using the Elkay LKWOBG1316SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid.
Dishes make a lot of noise when washing, while others can damage the sink. But thanks to the Elkay LKWOBG1316SS Stainless Steel Bottom Grid, it reduces the noise and protects your kitchen sink from getting damaged. Cleaning this grid is easy, and you can fit it in your dishwasher for convenient washing.
- Very durable and robust to handle utensils and food items of various weights.
- Comes with feet designed to protect your sink’s bottom.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- The drain hole comes conveniently positioned to allow easy access to disposer or drain.
- Very attractive to look.
- The color blends well with the interior décor.
- Top-notch quality and safe to use as it’s corrosion-resistant.
- Fits only on specific sink bowls from Elkay.
9. Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Sink ProtectorNo products found.
- Can accommodate smaller sink bowls or double-sink bowls.
- Anti-microbial material resists mold and bacteria that can cause stains and odors over time.
- Construction materials are flexible in nature and can be rolled up for easy storage.
- The pre-cut drain hole gives this mat a complete, finished appearance that’s attractive.
As one of the perfect mats on this list, this Rubbermaid model delivers on style and function. The bright and cheery red color gives a splash of fun whimsy to any kitchen and can match many types of kitchen decor.
This mat is made of a material that is flexible enough to roll up for convenient storage when not in use. Also, this mat can be used for several tasks around the kitchen, such as cushioning hot dishes and protect countertops.
The distinctive wave pattern also has a funky vibe that could add a punch of personality to the most boring sink or surrounding kitchen area.
The pre-cut drain hole gives this mat a neat and finished look, and it also allows water to drain freely. This mat is on the smaller side, which could work well with smaller sinks or in double-bowl sinks that tend to be squarer and smaller.
Best of all, the anti-microbial material repels mold and bacteria that could cause stains or odors in your sink over time. Just because it sits flat in the sink does not mean it will collect anything harmful due to its special construction materials. It can also protect your dishes from breaking if one should slip out of your hand accidentally.
Heavy enough to lie flat in your sink but light enough to easily store in a drawer, this sink mat has it all. The low price tag doesn’t hurt, either.
- Lower price point can really appeal to smaller budgets.
- Distinctive red color and wave pattern stands out in a fun way.
- Unique wave pattern.
- Drain hole comes cut.
- Can also work as a trivet or hot pad for hot pans or dishes.
- Repels stains and odors.
- May be too small for some sinks.
10. Better Houseware Extra Large Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Protector Grid
- White surface can look fresh and clean inside any sink and add country flair.
- Extra large size is sure to cover the big bottoms of most sinks.
- Small feet elevate this grid above the bottom of the sink for superior airflow.
- Doubles as a dish rack and sideways grid mean dishes can be stacked left to right.
- Drain hole is pre-cut so water can drain quickly and freely without removing rack.
- Heavy enough to not float or move on the bottom surface area of the sink.
- Will not scratch the bottom of your sink with its plastic feet.
For those traditionalists out there, this white sink protector provides a classic farmhouse feel to your sink. It can look great in almost any sink, even stainless steel or copper sinks.
The anodized metal that’s coated with a shiny plastic will last for a long time and is easy to clean without any special chemicals or cleaning agents. The fresh white appearance can always look clean inside any sink.
A drain hole is pre-cut in this model which allows for great water drainage. This grid is also slightly elevated above the surface of your sink with small plastic feet that prevent scratches.
The slight elevation allows air to flow freely underneath and around the grid so that no food or bacteria collect to cause odors or stains. The feet on this grid are small and also white in color, so you have one solid unit.
Because this sink is of an extra large size, it will likely fit inside any big kitchen sink, though it can look great in a laundry or utility sink too. The durability of this item will go far, especially since it can be wiped down easily.
In the kitchen, stack your drying dishes left to right with this practical grid pattern and leave them to drip dry. The price is fairly good, too, for all the features this sink protector offers.
- Dish drying rack.
- Left-to-right grid pattern.
- Metal construction with plastic coating.
- Extra large size.
- Drain hole pre-cut.
- Allows airflow.
- Stainless steel not specified.
- White color may not coordinate with some sinks or kitchen styles.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Sink Protector Grid
Type of Feet
Kitchen sink protector will likely have rubber feet that will prevent the bottom of your sink from getting scratches. Others will have metal feet with no rubber casing.
While the no-feet variety may work well in sinks made with natural stone and hard glazes, beware of using them in copper sinks since they may cause scratches.
Sink mats, which are flat, are usually made of silicone materials that won’t collect dirt, bacteria or mold. Metal sink protector grids are often made from stainless steel, aluminum, and some are metal coated ceramic.
Stainless steel is generally thought to be the best material for grid, since the stainless steel sink protectors won’t rust or corrode despite repeated use.
Drain Hole vs. No Drain Hole
Kitchen sink mats with drain hole cut into them make cleanup a breeze. Because the drain hole comes pre-cut in the mat or protector grid, there is less surface area to clean and less chance of any food or debris collecting in or on the device.
Some protectors do not have a drain hole cut, but having one is preferable. It’s good to check the dimensions of your sink and drain when shopping for a sink protector.
Grid vs Mat
Many sink protectors are of the metal grid variety. These types of sink protectors can double as dish dry racks due to the fact they are raised above the bottom of the sink.
However, a flat sink mat can be friendliest toward fragile dishes. The kitchen sink mats are made with silicone, which can absorb any impact from accidental slips and prevent shattering.
Generally speaking, a sink protector should fit the bottom of your sink and cover the entire surface area of the bottom for maximum protection. Some single basin farmhouse sinks are quite large, so a large protector is required.
For double-bowl or triple basin sinks, a smaller protector can be used on either side. However, always be sure your protector lies flat on the bottom of your sink and does not tilt. If a metal grid is not level, it could cause scratching.
Remember, sink protector is one that covers the bottom of your sink, sits level, protects your dishes and does not rust or discolor. Whether the right one is a mat or grid depends on your preferences and needs.
A sink protector mat can be easier to clean and lower the risk of broken dishes, but a metal grid looks more sophisticated and can double as a drip-dry rack. Sometimes function is worth more than fashion. Above all, you will want a sink protector that will lengthen the life of your sink and your dishes.
No matter what type of sink you have, one of these handy protectors can be a great idea and increase your enjoyment of your sink. Hopefully this guide has helped you choose the best sink protector mat.